Welcome to Tango! Here, we provide Tango API for our users. Tango API is a robust digital gift card API built to power rewards and incentives in your apps and platforms. With Tango API, you can easily integrate a reward catalog and automate reward delivery. The most used Tango API methods include posting accounts and funds, getting a verbose catalog, and posting orders.
- Set up a Tango account
- Authenticate with Tango API
- Set up work environment
- Security and authentication
- Determine your platform organizational model
- Follow Tango API suggested flow
- API endpoint overview
- Manage customers
- Manage accounts
- Fund your account
- Get credential types
- View catalog
- Manage email templates
- Get exchange rates
- Manage orders
- Manage line items
We strive to follow standard conventions whenever possible. In a few select cases we have chosen to deviate from standard practice in order to provide better customer value. For example, per standard RESTful practice, we are supposed to return only a 200 code for success. However, with our Create Customer and Create Account calls, we choose to return the created information along with additional parameters, such as Created at Time and Current Balance. The balance is always $0 at the time of account creation.
We value your feedback. Please email your suggestions to our Technical Support team at [email protected].
Take note of our versioning when building your implementation. We are committed to regularly improving our Tango API by adding additional functionality to the current version to better serve our users.
To sign up for system alerts, such as upcoming maintenance, item outages, etc., or view current system status, visit our status at Tango Status.
- JSON is currently the only supported content type for inputs or outputs. It is not required that the requests contain an Accept header, but if they do, it must contain
- All dates must be represented in a format that is compatible with ISO 8601 such as 2013-02-21T20:37:07-07:00.
- You can add fields in the Tango API response objects at any time. What you use to unmarshal the JSON responses into native data types must handle unknown fields without failing.
Tango provides HTML-formatted brand and reward information in our responses with the goal of minimizing the integration design time. For security concerns, avoid HTML input in POST operations.
We do not allow browsers to POST calls. Attempts to do so, will result in an authorization error (403.001).
For best practices, we recommend you to use non-browser tools for all API calls.
All API calls specify the version in the endpoint URL.
The following changes are considered backward-compatible and may be introduced without producing a new API version:
- Adding new API methods.
- Adding new optional request parameters to the existing API methods.
- Adding new properties to the existing API responses.
- Changing the order of properties in the existing API responses.
If you have been sending rewards with Tango in or before 2016, you were using our Tango API v1. After migrating to the Tango API v2, you can still access and resend those v1 orders. Contact Tango Technical Support at [email protected] for further instructions.
Updated 3 months ago